Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Recap

Hope you had a Merry Christmas! There were 18 of us at Christmas dinner so we had lots of cookie tasters.  I asked what was everyone's favorite cookie but I couldn't get a consensus.  Old favorites like the smores cups came up but of the new cookies, I heard Andes mint cookies a few times as well as the buckeyes with the toffee and the key lime filled pizzelles.  I think everyone enjoyed sampling but nobody tackled trying to eat all 24 after a big Christmas dinner.  Actually, if they had tried all varieties, they would have eaten 28 different cookies (Pecan Tassies with and without chocolate, plain and red velvet Oreo truffles, ricotta cookies with lemon glaze and with butter cream icing, buckeye with and without toffee bits). I guess they are older and wiser and more concerned about waistlines!  I enjoyed my first crack at blogging and of course always love baking.  The baking sheets have been put away until next year (mostly)!


No comments:

Post a Comment