Saturday, December 2, 2017

My Christmas Cookie Advent

Welcome to my Christmas Cookie Blog.  I am known to family and friends for my love of advent calendars and Christmas baking.  Over the years, I have made or bought advent calendars for my sisters and nieces and nephews to get them into the holiday spirit.  In 2013, my daughter Marissa's senior year of high school, we decided to do a twist on the advent calendar by making a different Christmas cookie or confection every day in December leading up to Christmas.  Marissa blogged about it and would share the cookies at school the next day.  Her classmates grew to look forward to it and were even disappointed when there was a snow day that prevented her from sharing her treat for the day.  We really enjoyed the project and have continued to bake lots and lots of cookies each year so that we have a beautiful cookie tray for Christmas.  The cousins even made a competition out of it to see who could eat all 24 cookies after a big Christmas dinner.  The winners received t-shirts the next Christmas! This year, I have decided to bake a cookie every day on my own until Marissa comes home from school. Hope you enjoy the blog and maybe you will find a few new recipes to add to your holiday baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment